Spanish language belongs to the group of Iberian Romance languages and is often placed as the third language in the world by the number of speakers, immediately after the Mandarin Chinese and English. Spanish language is the maternal language for about 400 million people, while many more speaks it as the second language. Besides Spain, it is also spoken in the South America. It is the official language in 22 countries of the world and is also one of the official languages in the UN, EU as well as in several other unions (African Union, Latin Union, Caribbean community….). There are certain mostly smaller differences among the variants of the Spanish language spoken in different countries. Spanish is the most widespread Romance language not only by the number of speakers, but also by the number of countries where it is predominant. Basically, Castilian and Spanish languages are synonymous. Castilian is connected to the region where the language originates from i.e. to Castile; it is older than the synonym of the Spanish language. The synonym Spanish is used from the 16th century onwards, in the period when Spain becomes a colonial power. Global authors from the fields of languages and linguistics often debate which synonym should be used as a generalised for the whole world – Spanish or Castilian.
There are over 500 million Spanish language speakers all over the world. Pronunciation and use of Spanish language varies from country to country, but regional differences are not so big so that it becomes unintelligible for the people from different regions. There are various dialects of Spanish all due to the evolution of the language in the different regions. The history of Spanish language begins in Spain and the origin of the dialects in Spain begins with the evolution of the vulgar Latin (non-standard, everyday common Latin speech).
Besides Spain, this language is official in all republics of South America (where it is spoken by over 50% of population except from Brazil and French Guiana), in six republics of Central America, in Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic and in Puerto Rico. Also, Spanish is spoken on the Balearic and Canary Islands and in parts of Morocco, western African coastline and also in Equatorial Guinea. In the USA it is widely spread in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, New York and in southern Florida.
Services of our translators for the Spanish language:
- Translations of general professional documentation from Serbian to Spanish language.
- Translations of general professional documentation Spanish to Serbian language.
- Translations of general professional documentation from Spanish to another foreign language.
- Translations of general professional documentation from another foreign language to Spanish.
- Translations of narrowly specific professional areas from Serbian to Spanish language.
- Translations of narrowly specific professional areas from Spanish to Serbian language.
- Translations of narrowly specific professional areas from Spanish to another foreign language.
- Translations of narrowly specific professional areas from another foreign language to Spanish.
- Oral translating – simultaneous.
- Oral translating – consecutive.