Greek language is a Hellenic Indo-European language which can be seen already as of the XIV century BC in the Cretan scripts as a Linear B script. Clear and evident difference can be noticed between the Mycenaean Greek and classical or ancient Greek, and then the modern Greek and that in both – structure and linguistic forms. Contemporary Greek is a living language and one of the richest languages of the present times with the fund exceeding 600.000 words. Some expert scientists emphasise the huge resemblance between the contemporary and thousands years old ancient Greek language. The language from the Hellenic and Byzantine periods is much closer to the modern Greek. A huge amount of pressure was used in the period from 1834 to 1976 aimed at introducing the Katharevousa (Gr. Καθαρεύουσα [katha’revusa]) language into the official use, and all with the purpose of returning the Greek to its classical form. This form has also been present in the official documents in the printed form, and it was accepted as official only in 1976 when it was also called Demotic (Dimotiki Gr. Δημοτική [Dhimoti’ki]). Many Greek words, however, remained unchanged and throughout the centuries they entered the structure of other languages. Examples of such words are: astronomy, democracy, anthropology, theatre, etc. Nowadays, Greek language is written in alphabet that consists of 24 letters. This language is spoken by 12 million people and as such takes the 63rd place in the world. It is the official language in Greece, Cyprus and in the European Union. It is recognised as a minority language in Albania, Armenia, Italy, Romania, and Ukraine.
Services of our translators for the Greek language:
- Translations of general professional documentation from Serbian to Greek language.
- Translations of general professional documentation Greek to Serbian language.
- Translations of general professional documentation from Greek to another foreign language.
- Translations of general professional documentation from another foreign language to Greek.
- Translations of narrowly specific professional areas from Serbian to Greek language.
- Translations of narrowly specific professional areas from Greek to Serbian language.
- Translations of narrowly specific professional areas from Greek to another foreign language.
- Translations of narrowly specific professional areas from another foreign language to Greek.
- Oral translating – simultaneous.
- Oral translating – consecutive.